CAReS is a community-based nonprofit agency that identifies, coordinates and mobilizes resources for individuals and families in emergency/crisis situations.
CAReS provides direct services and referrals as needed. Additionally, CAReS prevents duplication of services by local social service organizations as well as area churches by acting as an informational clearinghouse for those organizations.
The Neighborhood is now occupied by:
- River Cities Harvest
- The Dressing Room (Federated Charities)
- Ashland Community Kitchen
- Clean Start (Ashland Area Presbyterian Ministries)
CAReS is supported — in great part — by the Ashland-Boyd County faith-based community.
Churches pledge their committment to help local residents by signing a Covenant Agreement supporting CAReS services with financial and specialty program support.
CAReS provides missions support to churches by preventing duplication of valuable financial and service resources.
If your church is not yet a CAReS Covenant Partner, please call our office at 606-324-2949 for information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAReS Community Supporters
- Foundation for the Tri-State Community
- United Way
- Mansbach Foundation
- Lowman Foundation
- City of Ashland
- United Ashland Ministries
- Walmart Foundation
- Marathon Petroleum
- Ashland Area Ministerial Association
- King’s Daughters Medical Center
- Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital